Thinking of Moving to Edmond? 5 Reasons Why You Should
Are you looking for a new home and thinking of moving to Edmond? Longing for a variety of shopping, dining, and entertainment? Needing a better school system for the kids?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, STK Homes, an Edmond home builder, has what you’re searching for.
Here are 5 Reasons Why Edmond, Oklahoma is the Place to Be
mOVING TO EDMOND is aLL ABOUT Location
Think of moving to Edmond? One of the many perks of living in Edmond, Oklahoma, is the location. Edmond is in central Oklahoma, 13 miles north of Oklahoma City. For most, this means a short commute to work. It means being near events while also enjoying the close community that Edmond has to offer.
To further understand the proximity of Edmond, here are a few common destinations:
- Will Rogers World Airport – 29 minutes (22.5 miles)
- Tinker Air Force Base – 27 minutes (20.8 miles)
- Bricktown, Oklahoma City – 19 minutes (13.9 miles)
- Quail Springs Mall – 13 minutes (7.3 miles)
- Norman, Oklahoma – 40 minutes (32.4 miles)
- The Outlet Shoppes – 28 minutes (21.5 miles)
Edmond Award-Winning Schools
Edmond is best known for its public school system. Education is a top priority translating into the best for your kids. Edmond has 18 elementary schools, 6 middle schools, and 3 high schools. Nearby colleges include the University of Central Oklahoma and Oklahoma Christian University.
- Chisholm Elementary School
- Ida Freeman Elementary School
- Northern Hills Elementary
- Russell Dougherty School
- Sunset Elementary School
- Washington Irving Elementary School
- West Field Elementary School
- Clegern Elementary School
- Angie Debo Elementary School
- Centennial Elementary School
- Charles Haskell Elementary School
- Cross Timbers Elementary School
- Frontier Elementary
- Heritage Elementary
- John Ross Elementary School
- Orvis Risner Elementary School
- Will Rogers Elementary School
- Redbud Elementary
- Central Middle School
- Cheyenne Middle School
- Cimarron Middle School
- Heartland Middle School
- Sequoyah Middle School
- Summit Middle School
- Memorial High School
- Edmond North High School
- Santa Fe High School
Edmond Restaurants & Entertainment
Chisholm Creek, a premier entertainment district, offers something for everyone. Enjoy dining, shopping, and entertainment. Get out on the weekend for a game of golf. Chisholm Creek is the perfect weekend spot. STK’s new additions, The Meadows and Waterwood Estates are only 20-minute away.
Edmond Parks & Outdoors
Have kids to entertain or love the outdoors? Edmond boasts of over 30 public parks with something for everyone. Each Park is unique, featuring playgrounds, walking trails, sporting areas, and much more. One of the largest includes Mitch Park YMCA. Take advantage of all the Y has to offer.
Safety & Livability
Like most, safety is a huge deal. Area Vibes stats show that Edmond enjoys a livability score of 88/100. Their crime rate of 46% is lower than the Oklahoma average.
Does Edmond, Oklahoma sound like the right place for you? Schedule an appointment with Carla. Talk to her about moving to Edmond. Learn how STK Homes, an Edmond home builder, fits your needs. Our Edmond communities include:
- The Meadows
- Ridge Creek
- Watermark at Ridge Creek
- Windmill Farms
- Waterwood Estates
- Upcoming new Edmond construction
Call us today at 405.696.7202. We look forward to meeting you!